Day 16: Two Medicine and Plains Indians Museum

Two Medicine, Glacier National Park:





We headed to the Two Medicine Entrance to Glacier on the east side.  There is a trail that Trish can do to some falls.  If you haven't noticed, there are quite a few falls around the park.  Curtis started saying "Trees, mountains, falls, rocks, weeds..." as a joke.  This trail wasn't as Trish friendly as the Swiftcurrent trail.  The gravel was really hard for Trish to maneuver through.  But she got to an open area where she could see the falls.  She stayed there and watched us being foolish, climbing all over the rocks.



I didn't get in trouble for climbing all over the rocks.  I climbed up and over, down to the water. Have I said the water is REALLY cold?  The water is really, really cold!  I wanted to climb all the way to the top to see if a lake fed the waterfall, but I figured I'd get in trouble again. My sons would have been proud of their old mom.  I've always been a climber.  That's probably where my boys get it from.  Curtis followed me up, but he didn't climb down to the water...just in case I fell.  😇😆












Museum of the Plains Indians, Browning, Montana:

We ended our last day by driving to Browning, Montana to visit the Museum of the Plains Indians.  It is not a very big museum.  But it had a lot of pieces to look at.  It gave a short video called the "Winds of Change" that told the history of the Indian people.  The Blackfeet people got their name from the "white man" who called them black feet because there was a group that wore black moccasins.  And the name stuck.

The man at the entrance told stories about his family and Curtis enjoyed just sitting and listening to him. Curtis commented that the Indian people were the original survivalists.  They knew how to live off of the land.  The tools and techniques they used to hunt and make the necessities were really interesting to see. It was also interesting to see how the "white" people influenced the styles of clothing.  We weren't allowed to take any pictures though so I have none to share.  But it was a worthwhile trip and we really learned a lot.

We finished the day by going back to East Glacier to eat at the lodge.  This lodge was probably the prettiest lodge in Glacier National Park. We also noticed that this side didn't seem as busy as the west side.  It had the best gift shop too!




We said goodbye to Trish and John who had to drive back to Kalispell.  We had to head back early to get the RV ready for our long trip home. We were all sad to see our adventure end.  I wonder what Trish and I can come up with for our next adventure...I'm sure we can come up with something!

Comments

  1. How exciting to see all that you visited this trip. What a gem Trish is, and to share this time with great friends. I'm sure there is more to the story, can't wait to see y'all and catch up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 13: Vow renewal and adventure photography

The Badlands of South Dakota

Day 15: Remington Carriage Museum & Many Glacier