Travel day

The day started off as a rainy travel day. Trish and I got comfortable and just planned to enjoy the ride. We stopped in Sioux Falls,  South Dakota for some Old Chicago pizza (my family's favorite pizza and beer joint).  After that, I settled in for a nap!

I awoke to talk of stopping at the Corn Palace.  Curious...what the heck is the Corn Palace??? It is in Mitchell,  South Dakota and the signs made it seem really neat. But when we got there, it was under construction!  That was disappointing but I did take some pictures of the murals that are being created outside of the building.  These murals are made from corn, corn cobs and husks.  Other than the murals and the nice lady who owned the gift shop, we gave it a thumbs down!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 13: Vow renewal and adventure photography

The Badlands of South Dakota

Day 15: Remington Carriage Museum & Many Glacier