Western Kansas

Yesterday, we enjoyed morning coffee with Mom and Dad. So we left after noon. But it was nice to just sit and talk to Mom and Dad for a while. Curtis and I really enjoy that when we visit.

The one thing you are guaranteed driving through Kansas is wind! Curtis was fighting to keep the big brick (as he calls it) in the lane. I wanted to drive, but Curtis said it wasn't a good idea.  We passed several wind farms. I told Curtis I'd like to climb inside and see how they work and then check out the view from the top. He thinks I'm crazy!


We stopped in Burlington, Colorado at the Burlington RV Park. To be honest, it's a gravel parking lot. But it had about 12 full hookup, 50 amp sites. The lady I spoke to was very friendly.  Our site was taken when we got there,  so I texted her and she told us to pick another one. The interesting thing was she said payment was on the honor system and she gave Curtis a Veteran's discount.  So we filled out the little envelope when we got there, put our $25 in it and dropped it in the mail slot in the little shed. It ended up being a nice, quiet overnight stop. We would recommend it. We were even greeted by a group of friendly drunks when we got there.  We slept really well and I forgot to set the alarm. So we actually slept till 7:30 this morning.  

We have about 4 more hours till Fort Collins. Then I can hug Marc and Kat! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 13: Vow renewal and adventure photography

The Badlands of South Dakota

Day 15: Remington Carriage Museum & Many Glacier