Cheyenne, Wyoming

We are on the down hill slide of our West Fest. It has been an awesome trip! Today, as we drove out of the Grand Tetons, Trish and John were nice enough to agree to let Curtis and I drive a small portion of the loop that we missed yesterday.  We drove to the Snake River Overlook where Ansel Adams took his famous black and white pictures.  It is a very beautiful spot with the mountains as a back drop for the river.


Thomas Moran also found this area artistically inspiring and drew some paintings that are hung in major museums and the US Capitol. 




Then it was a long haul to Cheyenne,  Wyoming.  Wyoming is a beautiful,  diverse state which encompasses the entire gamut of terrain...mountains,  green valleys, desert, rocky cliffs. I enjoyed watching the scenery go by.

As a side note, I ended up with pink eye. BUT the lodge we stayed in last night had a clinic with a super sweet doctor. After making sure it wasn't a scratch and it wasn't a Lupus ulcer flaring up, he said I had pink eye and gave me drops. If that's the only emergency we have on our vacation with my Lupus,  then I'll take it! 

We got to Cheyenne pretty early this evening.  John booked us in the Towne Place Suites. It is a great hotel with really nice staff and the room is the nicest we've stayed in. The lady at the front desk told us about Wyoming's Rib and Chop House. It's a local restaurant,  which we've tried to eat at this trip, and the food was spectacular.  I ordered a grilled shrimp salad, but I kept stealing bites of Curtis' steak.  WOW! It was a great way to finish off the day! 

Tip for the day ( I've kind of slacked off):

When going on a long vacation,  don't pack a lot of shirts because you will end up buying them! 

And for all you quilters, go to the clearance rack and get tshirts for a tshirt quilt!

Remember the phrase that Curtis wrote on our dirty back window in Glacier?  



Somewhere at one of our stops in Yellowstone,  John noticed that someone had added to our phrase!


Trish said she had a few comments yesterday at the Grand Tetons.  We all got a kick out of it! Like I said, it's been an awesome trip! We are off to Dodge City, Kansas tomorrow!  Then we will stop at my parents house! I can't wait to see my family!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 13: Vow renewal and adventure photography

The Badlands of South Dakota

Day 15: Remington Carriage Museum & Many Glacier