Yellowstone National Park!

We made it to Yellowstone today! Signal is spotty here so I am a day late posting on the blog. Hopefully I can get this posted.

We are halfway through our West Fest. We headed straight for the geyser area.

The colors in these pools are created by the different minerals and microorganisms that live in them. I tried to capture them, but not sure of I did them justice.

Then of course, we saw Old Faithful!  She was a few minutes early, but I got her on video and took some great shots! The sun was perfect and cast a nice glint in the sky.


Old Faithful erupting

Today we got up REALLY early and drove to Lamar Valley. It was a beautiful drive and we saw a bunch of wildlife.  A couple of buffalo decided to share the road with us.



We then drove to the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone and saw the different waterfalls from several view points.  On the lookout at the top of the waterfall, there were several rainbows that could be seen as the water roared over the falls and crashed below! 



Yellowstone is quite unique in that there are so many different things to do and see. It is well worth the drive. Curtis and I plan to come back and camp.  We are off to the Grand Tetons tomorrow.  Can't wait to see what's waiting for us there. This has been quite an adventure and a road trip I will never forget!

As a side note, all of these pictures were taken using my Samsung Galaxy S5!  I love my phone! 

Comments

  1. BEAUTIFUL pictures!! Makes me want to go. The colors in the mineral pools are incredible although up close it looks kind of slimy. Thanks for sharing your trip with us!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 13: Vow renewal and adventure photography

The Badlands of South Dakota

Day 15: Remington Carriage Museum & Many Glacier