Crazy Horse Monument

We also drove to see the Crazy Horse Monument that is currently under construction.  It's only about 20 minutes from Mount Rushmore.  There are movies that tell the story about how the monument was conceived, agreed to and started. There are posters showing how much progress that has been made since it began in the 50's,  I think.

What the monument will look like when complete. 

Inside the Visitor's Center, there was all kinds of information about the Indian culture. I couldn't help but take a picture of some of the beautiful blankets. 
I loved the colors!


I couldn't help but take a picture of the signed Packers football! 




Comments

  1. I can't even imagine why there is a signed Green Bay Packer's Football in South (North?) Dakota.... Great pictures! Love the blanket!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 13: Vow renewal and adventure photography

The Badlands of South Dakota

Day 15: Remington Carriage Museum & Many Glacier