San Gimignano, Sienna Province, Tuscany

My sister drove us to see a beautiful little town southwest of Florence (Firenze) called San Gimignano.  It's an old medieval fort that is now a town.  The countryside was littered with vineyards and olive trees. Very picturesque! We were blessed with a gorgeous day. I'm just going to post a ton of pictures because the pictures will speak for themselves! My sister and I climbed to the top of the tower and I got some great pictures of the town and valley below.


We climbed to the top of that tower in the picture above.

My sister, Brigette, at the top of the tower.



Enjoying a gelato. Yum!!
Cobblestone streets with tiny shops.

These bars held the walls together.





We loved all of the different doors. Each had its character.



Some of the artwork are centuries old! 

The picture below is a cheese shop where we bought some local, really delicious cheese to bring home!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 13: Vow renewal and adventure photography

The Badlands of South Dakota

Day 15: Remington Carriage Museum & Many Glacier