20th Anniversary Escape!

A long time ago...not far from here and about 100 pounds lighter between the two of us, Curtis and I started our adventure together  The house behind us in the picture is my first house I bought and our first house we shared when we got married.  Fast forward 20 years from our wedding day (July 31, 1999)...ok...19 years, 351 days...


Tomorrow we are heading back to one of our favorite places, Glacier National Park, to celebrate our 20 year anniversary of putting up with each other.  I don't mean that in a bad way.  But that is what marriage is...compromise, loving each other and more importantly, actually liking each other and putting up with the other's person habits that you may not be so fond of.  Hence, putting up with each other.  I'm so blessed that he puts up with my craziness.  I'm not sure anyone else could take it the way he does.  He clenches his jaws and heaves a huge sigh every now and then.  But in the end, he gives in to me.  (I win!  I would add the smiling emoji with the devil's horns here, but Blogger doesn't seem to have emojis.) 

The exciting part is this time we are taking our retirement home with us.  We have fully embraced the empty-nester lifestyle!  This is our first real long haul in our motorhome which we've lovingly named "The Buffalo" (I'll explain later.) It will take us three days to drive to Glacier.  My husband has planned all of the stops; the Buffalo and the Jeep are clean and ready.  I've packed enough food to feed an army.  So wish us luck!  Too excited to sleep!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 13: Vow renewal and adventure photography

The Badlands of South Dakota