Day 10: Avalanche Lake take two!

My brother and his family met some friends in Whitefish yesterday while Curtis and I hiked to Avalanche Lake.  They said they really wanted to do the hike so Curtis and I agreed to go again since it's a beautiful hike and this time we'd probably see other things that we didn't see yesterday.  Besides, we had my nephew to keep our camera busy!




This view of the gorge was different than what we saw yesterday.


I enjoyed watching my nephew look at everything.  He really liked all of the "Big Rocks" and walked for a little while.  He kept saying we were going on a hike!  But he rode in the backpack on Dad's back most of the way. When we got to the lake, we ate our picnic lunch.  (My stomach still doesn't like me...doesn't hate me...but doesn't like me.)  Then they let my nephew put on his water shoes and get in the water.  Of course he wanted to climb on every rock.  We spent probably an hour by the water.






This time the wind was blowing pretty hard at Avalanche Lake.  We noticed the mist blowing in the wind on the waterfalls that fed the lake.  It was a really pretty sight.  





My nephew took a nap on the way out on his dad's back.  We were all jealous. After we got back to the parking lot, he got to talk to the nice park ranger and get a card for his vest.  We had a really nice day together.  We ended it with ice cream at the West Glacier Grill!  

I'm really going to miss spoiling my nephew and getting his good hugs. Seeing his smile when he saw us pull up just made my day!  I'm so thankful that my brother and his family decided to come meet us here.  Being able to spend time with them has been such a blessing.  I'm really going to miss them.  We really don't see each other enough and my nephew is going to grow too quickly!














Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 13: Vow renewal and adventure photography

The Badlands of South Dakota

Day 15: Remington Carriage Museum & Many Glacier