Day 4, Flathead Lake - Glacier NP

As we drove over a hill on our way to Polson and Kalispell, this huge, beautiful, aqua-blue lake came into view!  It is the prettiest blue shade I've ever seen.  I tried to take several pictures, but it is very hard to take a picture in a moving vehicle.  We plan to come back and drive around the lake one day and take better pictures.  I forgot how pretty Flathead Lake is.  I read it is about 68 degrees in the water right now, but there were people out in boats, skiing and swimming. 




After 2200 miles and 3 1/2 days on the road, we finally got to the campground in Coram, Montana.  We are about 10 miles west of the entrance to Glacier National Park and Going to the Sun Road, one of the most scenic roads in the US.  I am so excited and can't wait to go.  But I promised Curtis a recovery day of rest tomorrow.  I'm hoping I can convince him to go for a short ride.  Otherwise, I may go by myself.  I think he's happy he's not moving anymore. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 13: Vow renewal and adventure photography

The Badlands of South Dakota

Day 15: Remington Carriage Museum & Many Glacier